820 Partner visa
820 Partner visa
The Partner visas (subclasses 820 and 801) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian to live in Australia. It is two stage visa: The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia while the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) is processed.
Length of stay
Visa cost for primary applicant $AU 7000.00
820 Visa Sponsor
- Partner must be not legally married to anybody else
- To avoid family violence Sponsor will be required to provide Australian Federal Police
- Partner can not sponsor anybody in last 5 years or being sponsored as a Contributory Parent in last 5 years.
Who Can Apply for 820 Visa?
- you must be in genuine relationship with your Partner
- you must be married, registered or in de-facto relationship
- in most cases you must be with your partner for minimum of 12 months
- Dependent children can be included in application
- English knowledge is not required
- Sponsor don’t have to provide statements about incomes
As in most of the cases, there are many conditions and factors that would be considered, but full assessment is only possible once we have access to all information and documents. Please consider the information provided here as a general introduction. Hence it is important to understand whole program intention to apply successfully.
Who Can Apply for 801 Visa?
To apply fro 801 Permanent visa you must be in genuine relationship with your partner for minimum 24 months. You will have to evidence your relationship again but there is no fees for application. In some cases applicant can be granted 801 Permanent visa without 820.