Call now 1300 10 50 50Need an appointment?

820 Partner visa

820 Partner visa

The Partner visas (subclasses 820 and 801) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian to live in Australia. It is two stage visa: The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia while the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) is processed.


  • You must be in a genuine relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Length of stay 

  • On the temporary 820 visa, you can stay until a decision is made on your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).
  • On the permanent 801 visa, you can stay permanently.

Visa cost for primary applicant  $AU 7000.00

820 Visa Sponsor

  • Partner must be not legally married to anybody else
  • To avoid family violence Sponsor will be required to provide Australian Federal Police
  • Partner can not sponsor anybody in last 5 years or being sponsored as a Contributory Parent in last 5 years.

Who Can Apply for 820 Visa?

  • you must be  in genuine relationship with your Partner
  • you must be married, registered or in de-facto relationship
  • in most cases you must be with your partner for minimum of 12 months
  • Dependent children can be included in application
  • English knowledge is not required
  • Sponsor don’t have to provide statements about incomes

As in most of the cases, there are many conditions and factors that would be considered, but full assessment is only possible once we have access to all information and documents. Please consider the information provided here as a general introduction. Hence it is important to understand whole program intention to apply successfully.

Who Can Apply for 801 Visa?

To apply fro 801 Permanent visa you must be in genuine relationship with your partner for minimum 24 months. You will have to evidence your relationship again but there is no fees for application. In some cases applicant can be granted 801 Permanent visa without 820.