186 Employer Nominated Visa (ENS)
This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work anywhere in Australia. It allows you to work in Australia under one of streams: Temporary Residence Transition stream and the Direct Entry stream.
Even the name and number of this visa seems to be similar to RSMS 187 visa, however in this case we have two very different scenarios. 186 Employer Sponsored Visa is designed for non-regional Australia. 186 Employer Sponsored Visa can be granted if you work for minimum 2 years for your Sponsor in designated occupation.
Becoming 186 Employer Sponsored Visa
Are you an Employer/Sponsor? – check information relevant for you – Read more.
- A 482 visa employer must be approved as a sponsor before being able to recruit overseas workers under the 482 visa – they have to be granted sponsorship rights. All employees must be employer according to Australian standards. To read more about it check Fairwork Australia.
- Businesses must not have anything adverse on their record pertaining to the business or anyone associated with the business.
- Employers must also show a commitment to meeting Australia’s requirements for training. It is a fixed amount fro each year.
- Before a 482 visa application can be decided, an approved business sponsor nominates a position in their business that needs to be filled. This is the second stage of the 482 visa application called – Nomination. The position must be highly skilled, appear on one of the lists of occupations suitable for sponsorship and be remunerated at market salary rates above the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold.
Who Can Apply for 186 Employer Sponsored Visa?
- you must be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job anywhere in Australia for minimum 3 years.
- you must be less than 50 years of age, if you are applying under the Temporary Residence stream, or you are under 45 years of age if you are applying under the Direct Entry stream
- meet the skills / qualifications criteria for occupations skill level 1-3
- have minimum 2 years of work experience
- English language requirements. Variety of test and criteria applicable.
- meet the other requirements of one of the streams of this visa
- meet health and character requirements
- Your Spouse and dependent children can be included in application
- Spouse can prove English at the time of decision
- Minimum salary you must be offered is on a level of v TiSMIT ( currently $53 900)
- Employer will have to meet new Training for Australian benefits criteria, with lump sum per year per sponsored employee
- you will have to show minimum 2 years of work experience after formal qualifications
As in most of the cases, there are many conditions and factors that would be considered, but full assessment is only possible once we have access to all information and documents. Please consider the information provided here as a general introduction. Hence it is important to understand whole program intention to apply successfully.
186 Employer Sponsored Visa Streams
- Direct Entry stream
- Temporary Residence stream – for applicants who had been with employer for over 2 years on 457 visa ( now 482 visa)
- Labor Agreement – only for Employers who applied for it