registered nurse (medical)
child care centre manager
ICT security specialist
motor mechanic (general)
carpenter and joiner
187 Regional Sponsored Visa RSMS
187 Regional Sponsored RSMS Visa
|This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia.||Eligibility
Length of stay Permanent visa
187 Visa Employer
Are you an Employer/Sponsor? – check information relevant for you – Read more.
Who Can Apply for 187 Visa?
- occupation must be on regional or medium and long skilled list
- you must be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia for minimum 2 years.
- you must be less than 50 years of age, if you are applying under the Temporary Residence stream, or you are under 45 years of age if you are applying under the Direct Entry stream
- meet the skills / qualifications criteria for occupations skill level 1-3
- English language on competent level Variety of test and criteria applicable.
- meet health and character requirements
- minimum salary you must be offered is on a level of v TiSMIT ( currently $53 900)
- employer will have to meet new Training for Australian benefits criteria, with lump sum per year per sponsored employee
- you will have to show minimum 3 years of work experience after formal qualifications or 6 without qualifications
- some occupations require Australian qualifications or formal qualification recognition by TRA or Vetassess
As in most of the cases, there are many conditions and factors that would be considered, but full assessment is only possible once we have access to all information and documents. Please consider the information provided here as a general introduction. Hence it is important to understand whole program intention to apply successfully.
187 Visa Employer Streams
- Direct Entry stream
- Temporary Residence stream – for applicants who had been with employer for over 2 years on 457 visa ( now 482 visa)
- Labor Agreement – only for Employers who applied for it
Benefits of 187 visa?
RSMS visa has a number of benefits, both for the Employee and Employer because: once the visa is granted the employee has PR status in Australia and due to this, can be eligible for a number of benefits. Also it is a safer option, than temporary visa if something goes wrong with employment. Hence where it is possible it is advised to look for permanent option rather than a temporary visa.
- Can be one stage application visa, so in one step you may become PR
- Employer has no additional obligation as employee become commonwealth resident
- no insurance, travel arrangements etc required
- Medicare is available while visa is processed
- Commitment with employer can be minimalism to maximum of two years in ace of off shore applications.
- Can be lodged off or onshore
- Spouse and dependent children can be included in application
- Spouse can prove English at the time of decision at functional level
Applicant has a right to work for more than one employer as long as sponsoring employer is satisfy with this arrangements, however there is no possibility to transfer nomination.
Pacific Center Immigration Agency can help you with:
Assessing your eligibility and chance of success
Manage your skills recognition (if required)
Assist employer with documentation including employment contracts, financial documents etc
Lodge Sponsorship and Nomination for Employer
Lodge visa application
Manage your bridging visa requirements
Stay in contact with Case Officer and respond when required.
Update you on current immigration policy and changes
Keep you up to date with progress of your application
OUR ADVANTAGE: 15 years of experience – international team speaking in 7 languages – professional library of templates for you and employer to use – advance technology to send, receive and store your documented safely- newest technology to track your documents, updates and expiry.
TRUST PROFESSIONAL ADVICE