Student visa to Australia
Student visa ( subclass 500) is a temporary visa allowing people to study and work in Australia. Length of the visa deepens on length of the course.
Who can apply for Student visa?
- A person accepted and enrolled with Australian school for course registered for International students.
- There is no age limits
It may seems like a easy process, but unfortunately it is not. Due to the fact, many students breached student visa conditions, checking process for potential students is getting harder and more complex.
How to start the process?
First you may have to use professional advice about available courses. It is important to choose wisely. Studding in Australia is expensive and many factors shell be considered. You may want to consider all cons and pros before making ultimate decision.
First you have to be accepted by school. You must lodge well prepared school application to receive Letter of offer.
What do I need to apply for a student visa?
- You need to be studying a full-time course
- The provider of the course must be registered (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students – CRICOS)
- Financial documents. Depending on your personal situation, nationality and school you chose you will have to demonstrate you can afford studding in Australia. It case officer individual decision of what documents can be required and what founds have to be shown. There is general guideline in place, but currently more factors are considered and guideline for case officers seems to be more vague.
- English level – Depending on what course you are applying for, the school may require an English test ( usually IELTS) to prove your English level. Different courses and schools require different English skills. As a professional educational agency we will advice you on it in details.
Pacific Center Immigration Agency can help you with:
Assessing your eligibility and chances of success.
Manage your Skills Recognition or Recognition of Prior Learning if required
Assist employers with documentation including employment contracts, financial documents etc
Lodge a visa application
Manage your bridging visa requirements, if applicable
Provide advice regarding Australian migration law
Stay in contact with Case officer and respond when required.
Follow up with DIBP when required.
Student visa can be granted for people who enrolled to CRICOS approved course in Australia for longer than 3 months.
There is no age limit so nearly everybody can be a student in Australia. You can study English, VET courses or on University or combine arrangements of two or more courses.
Current changes for student visas introduced in July 2016, there is one visa category 500 and there is no assessment levels, however basic rules stayed the same.
As of July 2016, level of evidence required deepens on combination of student nationality ( previously assessment level) and school rating ( good schools- easier). This is why schools with good reputation are very particular when accepting students.
English courses. Give right to work 40 hrs / fortnight
VET courses. Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses organized by private colleges, TAFE or universities. Give right to work 40 hrs / fortnight.
Higher Education. Give right to work 40 hrs / fortnight and often full time for partner.
To apply for student visa, in general situation you must have COE issued by school. WE are helping with school arrangements at no extra costs.
Than to lodge visa you may be required to demonstrate your financial situation, ties you have in home country or English skills to study.
For students from countries in assessment level 3 you will have to :
- prof you have available funds to study in Australia at least for one year. If somebody is sponsoring you, they must show where the founds are coming from. Basic calculation is as below. On average it means that single person studying for year or longer will have to demonstrate access to minimum AU$36.000.00
- often showing assets in home country or family relationships is required.
- Test for genuine student is often required
|Expenses||Per Person||Amount required in AUD||Annotation below.|
|School age children (5-18)||$12000||4|
|Each other child||$2790||8|
*1, 2 – Applicant and family are expected to have founds for tickets to go back home once course is finished. If applicant has no return flight , DIBP expect $2000 per person to be available in bank.
*3 – Tuition can be paid before visa is lodged or after, deepens on visa assessment level, but tuition must be paid for at least one year or if paid only deposit, balance amount must be shown on bank statement. If study is for longer than 12 months and only first year of tuition had been paid, additional statements about balance tuition fee is required.
*4 – Children who are age 5-16 must study in Australia. If they arriving with parents who are on student visa, children still had to be enrolled to school. Parents may arrange private education or use government ( public school). Enrollment into public school cost on average $12 000 per annum.
*5- Living expenses fro primary applicant as accommodation, food, books etc.
*6,7,8 – Regardless if family is coming to Australia or not, DIBP expect applicant to have founds for living cost for family.
the tuition fees may differ depending on the education provider and qualification level