143 Contributory Parent visa
This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia permanently.
Contributory visa cost a lot but processing time is much shorter.
You must have a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. At least half of your children must live in Australia or more of your children live in Australia than any other country.
Length of stay Permanent visa
Other Parent visa options
- 103 Parent visa which cost much less but may take up to 30 years to be decided
- 173 Temporary Contributory Parent visa
Your child as a sponsor
To be sponsored for Parent visa you must have a child who will be your sponsor.
- must be settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible NZ
- must be over 18 years old
- at least 50% of your children must be in Australia