187 Regional Sponsored RSMS Visa
This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia.
Are you an Employer/Sponsor? – check information relevant for you – Read more.
Who Can Apply for 187 Regional Visa?
- occupation must be on regional or medium and long skilled list
- you must be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia for minimum 2 years.
- you must be less than 50 years of age, if you are applying under the Temporary Residence stream,( but only for applicants who applied for 457 visa before 18/04/2018) or you are under 45 years of age if you are applying under the Direct Entry stream ot Temporary after 18/0/2018
- meet the skills / qualifications criteria for occupations skill level 1-3 in ANZCO system
- English language on competent level Variety of test and criteria applicable.
- meet health and character requirements
- minimum salary you must be offered is on a level of v TiSMIT ( currently $53 900)
- employer will have to meet new Training for Australian benefits criteria, with lump sum per year per sponsored employee
- you will have to show minimum 3 years of work experience after formal qualifications or 6 without qualifications
- some occupations require Australian qualifications or formal qualification recognition by TRA , Vetassess or other named body.
As in most of the cases, there are many conditions and factors that you must considered, but full assessment is only possible once we have access to all information and documents. Please consider the information provided here as a general introduction. Hence it is important to understand whole program intention to apply successfully.
187 Regional Visa Employer Streams
- Direct Entry stream
- Temporary Residence stream – for applicants who had been with employer for over 2 years on 457 visa ( now 482 visa)
- Labor Agreement – only for Employers who applied for it
Benefits of 187 Regional visa?
187 Regional visa has a number of benefits, both for the Employee and Employer. Once your visa is granted as an employee, you will have PR status in Australia. Also it is a safer option, than temporary visa if something goes wrong with employment. Hence where it is possible it is advised to look for permanent option rather than a temporary visa.
- Can be one stage application visa, so in one step you may become PR
- Employer has no additional obligation as employee become commonwealth resident
- no insurance, travel arrangements etc required
- Medicare is available while visa is processed
- Commitment with employer can be minimalism to maximum of two years in ace of off shore applications.
- Can be lodged off or onshore
- Spouse and dependent children can be included in application
- Spouse can prove English at the time of decision at functional level
Applicant has a right to work for more than one employer as long as sponsoring employer is satisfy with this arrangements, however there is no possibility to transfer nomination.