Partner visa2019-08-01T11:15:33+10:00


820 / 801

Partner visa (sub classes 820) is designed for partners of Australian residents, citizens and eligible New Zealanders. It is a temporary visa, which may lead to permanent residency (subclass 801) . The applicant must be present in Australia both at the time of visa lodgment and decision.

  • you must be in genuine relationship with Australian resident, citizen or eligible New Zealander.
  • you may apply based on marriage certificate, civil partner relationship certificate or evidence of de-facto relationship.
  • Australia accept the same sex partners
  • Applicant must be in Australia at the time of application and decision
  • Bridging visa allowing stay in Australia during assessment process will be granted
  • In most cases  bridging visa type A will be granted with associated unlimited work right regardless of subclass of visa held before
  • The  applicant  awaiting decision will be entitled to Medicare  cover from the date of the visa application.

Partner visa subclass 820 it is a temporary visa allowing stay indefinitely, until permanent residency has been decided.

Are you looking to apply for Partner Visa to Australia?

Not sure if you are eligible to apply? Pacific Center Experts can answer those and more questions!

How long is processing time for  Partner Visa?

  • 75% of applications: 22 months
  • 90% of applications: 28 months

The new sponsored family visa and approval of family sponsor changes commence on 17 April 2019.  These changes will NOT affect Partner visas on 17 April 2019 and that current arrangements will continue to operate.

At this stage, there is no time-frame for expansion of the new sponsorship framework to other family visas and therefore the current arrangements for existing visas, including partner visas, will continue to operate from 17 April 2019.

At this stage the new changes to Sponsored family visa’s, scheduled to commence on 17 April 2019 will only be implemented for the new Sponsored Parent (Temporary) 870 visa.

Once the above changes roll out to partner visas it would mean that sponsorships must be lodged first and approved before Partner visas can be lodged. It might forse some applicants to depart Australia for offshore processing ( see visa 309/100)

If you are considering  to apply for a Partner visa we recommend booking an appointment to discuss and understand how these changes may impact you.


What you have to do to apply for Partner visa?

  • be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when we decide your temporary visa application. Family who apply with you must also be in Australia

What can you do wile on Partner Visa??

  • live, work and study in Australia while we process your permanent Partner visa
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
  • attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
How much visa cost?2019-08-08T15:43:50+10:00

Our favorite question. Often people think we have lost our minds or we are spuriously secretive, once they hear the answer. Well, neither.

Until few years back, Immigration visa fee were straight forward- one application, one fee, increase and changes once a year in July. Our fees bank than, was the same- one simple fee.

Since than much had changed, but let me explain from the beginning.

There are two main components you must consider when applying for visa: Disbursements and Fees

Disbursement is all paid by a solicitor to a third party and then claimed back from the client.

Deepens on a visa type, you may expect following disbursements:

  • Visa fee paid to Immigration Department
  • Australian Federal police Fee
  • State Sponsorship Fee
  • Nomination and Sponsorship Fee
  • and much more

Fee section is what you pay as a service for Agent work.

  • It can be hourly fee
  • Lump sum fee
  • Fee for part of work being done or all
  • Fee for additional services required by you etc

As Registered Migration Agents are closely monitored in Australia, when you decide to use services of Registered Agency you may expect fees being somewhere between brackets suggested by Immigration Department, which are considered Standard Market Fee.- you can read more about Immigration Agent Visa  Fees Advice 

Those may vary based on agent experience, location, qualifications etc

Prices we  publish are as close to what we can offer you as possible. Those are a usual brackets.

Our Visa fees

Why do I need to register my relationship?2019-08-01T10:55:56+10:00

We suggest if you have not been in a defacto relationship for more than 12 months, then you should be registering your relationship with the state you live in. To register the relationship you need to fill in 2 forms for QLD – you must do both forms, one is to register & one is to receive the certificate – without the certificate from Deaths, Births & Marriages we cannot evidence you are a registered defacto couple. You are also required to send evidence of your ID & relationship when you register the relationship – all information on how to do this & what is required is listed on the forms we send to you.

How do I complete the questionnaire?2019-08-01T10:53:19+10:00

There is a portal message which you receive when we send you the client questionnaire, you must ensure you read this as it informs you of how to open/use the client questionnaire for different computers. Please ensure you DOWNLOAD the client questionnaire to your computer and THEN EDIT it, you cannot edit it from the portal –  otherwise you wont save your work. You need to ensure you answer every question, and you answer them correctly – if your questionnaire is rejected more than 3 times we can begin to charge you at an hourly rate to fix this for you.

Do I need to use portal? Why?2019-08-01T10:48:09+10:00

Yes, portal should be the application you use to send all requested documents to us, this is a safe platform where we can send/request documents from you – documents are not accepted via email anymore due to potential virus threats. Portal also shows you specific messages for each document & records the dates you have sent or received documents for the application.


Parent Visa Australia


Partner  visa lets the partner or spouse to apply for visa while outside in Australia. It is offshore visa without bridging visa benefits.

Engagement visa Australia


Engagement visa lets partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia temporarily until they marry.

Child Visa Australia


Child  visa lets the dependent child of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently.

Parent Visa Australia


Parent visa let parents of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia

173 Parent Visa Australia


Parent visa let parents of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia. It can be applied for directly or via temporary first.

Adoption Visa Australia


Adoption visa lets the adopted child of an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident to live in Australia temporarily.

Parent Visa Australia


Parent visa let parents of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia

Remaining relative Visa Australia


Last remaining relative  visa lets the last person from a family of an Australian to join family in Australia.

Partner Visa Australia


Partner  visa lets the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia.

How we can help you with this visa?


  • PLAN





RSMS visa was a great solution for so many people willing to spend few years or rest of their life in regional Australia. It will finish in November 2019, but only in a form we used to know for so long. Regional Australia thrive on immigrants and much more people is constantly needed…


It is temporary visa for people who are in genuine relationship.

  • Be 18 years old or older
  • Have a sponsor
  • Meet our health requirement
  • Meet our character requirement
  • intend to marry your prospective spouse before the visa period ends


Sponsor is considered eligible when, they meet following criteria:
They are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
They are an eligible New Zealand citizen
Must not sponsor other Partner / Spouse for minimum 5 years
Must not be sponsored as Contributory Parent or dependent child of Contributory parent applicant in minimum 5 years
Must not be sponsored for Spouse or Partner visa applicant in minimum 5 years
Did not sponsor more than 2 prospective marriage visa applicants in past.

Criminal convictions & reducing family violence


Coming soon

This comment should appear here a long time ago …. and there are really no words that would express my gratitude for help in our very complicated matter.
In particular, our greatest thank you to Piotr, who during a casual chat on Skype easily picked up the mistake of our previous agent, who could have caused that our whole family would be threatened back to the country …. as it turned out it was a very complicated matter and we had to act immediately.

Paulina, Your Content Goes Here

Everyone working here are really friendly and helpful. They helped me get through the stressful time applying for my de facto visa with success. I recommend these guys!

Elin Janson, Your Content Goes Here