What’s Covered by Allianz OSHC??
- 100% of the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) fee for medical services provided in hospital
- Public hospital shared ward accommodation for overnight or same-day hospital stays
- Private hospital accommodation (for hospitals that have a contracted rate with Australian Health Services Alliance)
- Surgically implanted prostheses up to the approved amount listed on the Australian Prostheses List
- You’re covered for emergency ambulance transport to hospital for admission and on-the-spot emergency treatment
Doctors and specialists (out of hospital)
- 100% of the MBS fee for medical services provided by a General Practitioner (GP)
- 85% of the MBS fee for medical services provided by a specialist (e.g. visiting a radiologist to get an x-ray)
- 85% of the MBS fee or other medical tests (e.g. blood tests)
- Up to $50 per approved prescription medicine
- Up to $300 each year for singles
- Up to $600 each year for families or couples
Disclaimer For more details read the relevant policy document below. You can only claim prescription medicines included in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) list and for items that cost more than the PBS co-payment fee. To see the full list of PBS medicines and the current co-payment fee, visit theDepartment of Health website.
How much does OSHC cost?
How much you pay for OSHC depends on the type of cover you need. We offer OSHC for:
- Singles – covering only the overseas student who is the primary Student Visa holder*
- Dual family – covering the overseas student, and either:
- One adult spouse or de facto partner
- One or more children under the age of 18 years old
- Multi-family – covering the overseas student and more than one dependant, which can include:
- Only one adult spouse or de facto partner
- One or more dependent children