SKILLED EMPLOYER SPONSORED REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL)
Do you want to know how to apply for 494 regional work visa?
This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia for up to 5 years.
This is a temporary visa, leading to Permanent Residency. It allows you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- stay in Australia for up to 5 years
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian PR when eligible
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)
Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored: Substituting the current 187 (RSMS) visa and commencing November 16, 2019 the 494 visa has 9,000 places allocated per year. It requires employer sponsorship and the position must be likely to exist for 5 years. It has a 45 year age limit, competent English, RCB advice and must meet Holders of the new provisional visas will also be unable to apply for most other skills based visas in Australia unless they have completed at least three years in a designated regional area, unless exceptional circumstances exist. Additionally, similar to current arrangements for the subclass 457 and 482 visa program, holders of the new provisional visas can be negatively impacted by sponsor non-compliance.he AMSR. Visa applicants must have a suitable skills assessment and at least 3 years’ skilled employment.
How long is processing time for Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa?
- 75% of applications: 21 months
- 90% of applications: 23 months
This is one of two new skilled regional provisional visas introduced in November 2019, as a replacement for 187 Regional visa.
What you have to do to apply for this Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional)?
- you must be sponsored by an Australian employer
- your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations
- you must have at least three years’ full-time relevant work experience in the nominated occupation or a related field, at the same level of skill
- you must have at least Competent English
Our favorite question. Often people think we have lost our minds or we are spuriously secretive, once they hear the answer. Well, neither.
Until few years back, Immigration visa fee were straight forward- one application, one fee, increase and changes once a year in July. Our fees bank than, was the same- one simple fee.
Since than much had changed, but let me explain from the beginning.
There are two main components you must consider when applying for visa: Disbursements and Fees
Disbursement is all paid by a solicitor to a third party and then claimed back from the client.
Deepens on a visa type, you may expect following disbursements:
- Visa fee paid to Immigration Department
- Australian Federal police Fee
- State Sponsorship Fee
- Nomination and Sponsorship Fee
- and much more
Fee section is what you pay as a service for Agent work.
- It can be hourly fee
- Lump sum fee
- Fee for part of work being done or all
- Fee for additional services required by you etc
As Registered Migration Agents are closely monitored in Australia, when you decide to use services of Registered Agency you may expect fees being somewhere between brackets suggested by Immigration Department, which are considered Standard Market Fee.- you can read more about Immigration Agent Visa Fees Advice
Those may vary based on agent experience, location, qualifications etc
Prices we publish are as close to what we can offer you as possible. Those are a usual brackets.
There is a portal message which you receive when we send you the client questionnaire, you must ensure you read this as it informs you of how to open/use the client questionnaire for different computers. Please ensure you DOWNLOAD the client questionnaire to your computer and THEN EDIT it, you cannot edit it from the portal – otherwise you wont save your work. You need to ensure you answer every question, and you answer them correctly – if your questionnaire is rejected more than 3 times we can begin to charge you at an hourly rate to fix this for you.
Yes, portal should be the application you use to send all requested documents to us, this is a safe platform where we can send/request documents from you – documents are not accepted via email anymore due to potential virus threats. Portal also shows you specific messages for each document & records the dates you have sent or received documents for the application.
SAF Levy was introduced to immigration last year, this is a fund which contributes to the training of Australian Citizens & Permanent Residents whilst hiring foreign employees. This is a required fee to be paid by sponsors only.
It is a requirement for the nomination of a visa that the business sponsor shows evidence of genuine operations in Australia, as well as evidence they can support their nominee for X amount of years. BAS Statements, Tax Returns, Profit and Loss and Bank Statements are all assessed to decide the nomination.
It is permanent visa, and you are becoming permanent resident once RSMS visa is granted.
For Direct entry processing time is 20-23 months. However if nominated occupation is considered critical, significant or highly demanded it may go much faster. Recently we have received one in 3 months.
Transitional applications goes faster but still may take 12 months.
You may check more detail here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times
RELATED WORK VISA
187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.
482 Temporary Skill Shortage visa
This temporary visa lets an employer sponsor a suitably skilled worker to fill a position they can’t find a suitably skilled Australian to fill.
186 Employer Nomination Scheme visa
This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia permanently.
407 Training visa
This visa allows you to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve your skills for your job.
How we can help you with this visa?
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa is a great solution for so many people willing to spend few years or rest of their life in regional Australia. Regional Australia thrive on immigrants and much more people is constantly needed…
It is temporary visa for people who have a job offer ( sponsor) in regional Australia.
- You must have at least 3 years of relevant work experience and have approved Skills assessment
- Have an occupation on the 187 Visa Occupations List (RSMS List)
- Meet the English language requirements: IELTS (or equivalent test) score of 6 in each component.
- Age: a maximum age requirement of 45 at the time of application. No age limit when applying for Permanent t visa
A maximum age requirement of 50 at the time of application will continue to apply to Temporary Residence Transition stream applicants
Integrity: A range of amendments have been introduced to enhance the integrity of the ENS and RSMS visas, including through requiring the nominated position to be genuine, and removal of the English language and skills exemption for applicants whose nominated earnings would be over $180,000.
The Department of Immigration will collect Tax File Numbers for these visa holders, and data will be matched with the Australian Tax Office’s records to ensure that visa holders are not paid less than their nominated salary
The visa validity period is 5 years. Conditions will be imposed which will enforce the government’s intentions that visa holders live, work and study only in regional areas (condition 8579) and if employer sponsored, only in the nominated position. Visa holders can move between regional areas.
You can become sponsor for a skilled worker for this visa if:
- you actively and lawfully operate a business in regional Australia.
- you have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
- you offer a skilled position in the applicant’s field that is full time and ongoing for at least 5 years
- you comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws
- there is no adverse information known about your business or any person associated with your business.
You must nominate the applicant in one of the available streams and meet the requirements of that stream.
STAGES OF THE APPLICATION
- RCB Certification: the Regional Certifying Body will ensure that the position is genuine and in many cases require that the position has been advertised
- Nomination: review of the business and position by the Department of Immigration
- Visa application: there are three pathways, and generally the skill level is lower than for the ENS program.
IN OUR WORDS WHAT IS IMPORTANT
1. RCB Certification: the Regional Certifying Body will ensure that the position is genuine and in many cases require that the position has been advertised
2. Nomination: review of the business and position by the Department of Immigration
3. Visa application: there are three pathways, and generally the skill level is lower than for the ENS program.
Why use Us for Work visa?
There are many law firms, but our numbers prove we have a good thing going here at Pacific Center. We have many clients and we are very busy but we treat each case as a very unique matter, and that is what sets our company apart from others.
Above all, we have wealth of experience, support system and comprehensive approach to offer you the best.
If you have questions regarding our company, you should give us a call. We will do everything possible to make sure we are the right fit for your case.
This comment should appear here a long time ago …. and there are really no words that would express my gratitude for help in our very complicated matter.
In particular, our greatest thank you to Piotr, who during a casual chat on Skype easily picked up the mistake of our previous agent, who could have caused that our whole family would be threatened back to the country …. as it turned out it was a very complicated matter and we had to act immediately.
Everyone working here are really friendly and helpful. They helped me get through the stressful time applying for my de facto visa with success. I recommend these guys!
Visa will be granted for 5 years
Eligible for Medicare –health insurance not required
Can move between jobs but will have 90 days to find a new nominator
673 eligible occupations (Over 450 more occupations than closest non-regional equivalent visa)
9,000 visas allocated each year,
Only regional Australia is available
Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or 820 partner visa for 3 years