All about Partner visa (temporary)

Looking to move to Australia to join your partner? Or do you want to invite your partner to come join you in Australia? You’re exactly where you need to be!

Partner  visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia temporarily. Getting this visa is the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).

You can include a dependent child or children in your application:

  • when you submit your application, or
  • after you submit your application but before we decide your temporary visa

Subclass 820

How long can i stay on Partner visa?

Temporarily while your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) application is processed and decided.

Processing times

  • 75% of applications: 23 months
  • 90% of applications: 31 months

Who Can apply for this visa?

  • You must be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Applicants who have been in a long term relationship before they apply might not have to stay on the subclass 820 visa at all. We might grant you the permanent visa immediately after we grant the temporary subclass 820 visa.

What are the conditions of Partner visa?

  • stay in Australia until  your permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 801) is decided
  • work in Australia
  • study in Australia (you will not receive government support)
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
  • attend up to 510 hours of free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
  • enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare


801 Partner visa

It is permanent stage of your Partner visa.  It is usually only for people who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).

309 Partner visa

Allows the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia..

101 Child Visa

This visa lets a child outside Australia move to Australia to live with their parents.

Parent visa

This permanent visa lets an aged parent of a settle Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident stay in Australia.

How we can help you with this visa?

Comprehensive approach

With our many years of experience and by listening closely to our clients we are able to prepare all you need. We have a professional library of documents, additional support and so much more! We advise you not only about your visa but about your new life.

Extensive Experience

Every one of our staff has a wealth of experience in their chosen fields, so you’re sure to always get honest, accurate and up to date advice – this is why our business has grown and our success rate is extremely high.

Constant Support

Every one of our staff has a wealth of experience in their chosen fields, so you’re sure to always get honest, accurate and up to date advice – this is why our business has grown and our success rate is extremely high.

Why use Us for Partner visa?

There are many law firms, but our numbers prove we have a good thing going here at Pacific Center. We have many clients and we are very busy but we treat each case as a very unique matter, and that is what sets our company apart from others.

Above all, we have wealth of experience, support system and comprehensive approach to offer you the best.

If you have questions regarding our company, you should give us a call. We will do everything possible to make sure we are the right fit for your case.

Everything went smoothly and fast.

I would like to recommend you Piotr Ferenc Migration Agent. Piotr helped us to get Permanent Residency visa in Australia. During the initial interview Piotr explained us what our chances were and what the options we had. Then he told us which option is the best for us and what we exactly have to do. Moreover, Piotr also told us about plan B if the first option wasn't possible. After we signed agreement and paid the fee, Piotr supervised the collection of documents. Everything went smoothly and fast.
We've been waiting for the visa for almost 2 years due to changes in immigration policy. During that time Piotr contacted us frequently to inform us about the progress. He also urged to update the documents if there were any changes.
I recommend him as your Immigration Agent. Your chances to get your visa are much higher with his help.

Janki, Your Content Goes Here

Full 457 case down to the wire.I would like to thank you for your help and patience during this process. We really appreciate it. Everything was so last minute but you pushed it all through so smoothly for us. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,


This comment should appear here a long time ago .... and there are really no words that would express my gratitude for help in our very complicated matter.
In particular, our greatest thank you to Piotr, who during a casual chat on Skype easily picked up the mistake of our previous agent, who could have caused that our whole family would be threatened back to the country .... as it turned out it was a very complicated matter and we had to act immediately.

Paulina, Your Content Goes Here

Everyone working here are really friendly and helpful. They helped me get through the stressful time applying for my de facto visa with success. I recommend these guys!

Elin Janson, Your Content Goes Here


On shore applicants are eligible for Medicare.

We recommend you take out health insurance to cover any unforeseen medical treatment you might need in Australia.

Some countries have a reciprocal healthcare agreement with Australia.


Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)

This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to two years.You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
  • do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
  • have a passport from an eligible country.

Length of stay Up to 1 year on 1st working holiday visa and than may apply for 2nd year.

417 Working Holiday visa

The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.

First Working Holiday visa: You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is decided.

Second Working Holiday visa: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

Working in Australia – six months with one employer: You can generally only work six months with one employer.

Who Can Apply for 417 Visa?

  • you must be between 18-30
  • can not ravel with children
  • have one of listed below passports ( if your country is not there, check also 462 visa)

To apply for this visa, you must hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia. Eligible countries are:

  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Republic of Korea
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom.

What can i do on 417 visa

Work and travel. You can work for 6 months anywhere with any employer, without any work limits. If you want to work longer with one employer, you can extend your time.

To apply for a second Working Holiday visa, you must have already completed three months of specified work in regional Australia. This specified work must have been completed while on your first Working Holiday visa.

Specified work is work that is undertaken in a 'specified' field or industry in a designated regional area. See the section on Regional Areas below to check the postcode list of designated regional areas.

As of December 2015, voluntary work is not accepted to renew your working holiday visa.

Approved industries for specified work include:

  • plant and animal cultivation
  • fishing and pearling
  • tree farming and felling
  • mining
  • construction.